|MILITARY OFFICER JOB FAIR - ARLINGTON, VA|
December 6, 2019
JOB FAIR HOURS :
9:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon
Army Navy Country Club
|ELIGIBLE TO ATTEND | COMPANIES | TIPS | DRESS | DIRECTIONS|
You are invited to attend our Military Officer Job Fair from 9 am to 12:00 noon on December 6, 2019. There will also be a career transition seminar starting at 8 am. At the job fair, you can meet face-to-face with dozens of employers in a wide range of fields. All types of jobs. Local and nationwide career opportunities!
Free and open to all transitioning or former (separated or retired) military officers of all ranks, commissioning
sources, and branches of service;
active duty, National Guard, and Reserve. Pre-registration is strongly encouraged.
Register now via Corporate Gray Online.
Below is the list of registered companies to date. This list will be updated as it gets closer to the event.
* Refine your resume until it represents you
in the best possible
light; bring many copies of your resume.
* Practice your 30 seconds sales pitch.
* Research the companies in advance; know all you can about their products and services.
* Dress for success -- either a business suit or coat and tie are recommended for men; equivalent attire for women.
* Get a copy of the Employer Directory at the registration table. Read it.
* Project a professional image at all times.
* Be positive/upbeat.
* Meet with all the companies -- you never know where the "right" opportunity may be.
* Keep your options open. Stay flexible.
* Be respectful of the recruiter's time -- provide a brief, accurate glimpse of who you are, what you're looking to do, your geographic preference, and when you will be available to start work.
* Defer questions about salary requirements until later in the interview process.
* Thank the recruiter for giving you the opportunity to present your qualifications. Ask about next step s.
Business attire is recommended -- dress as you would for a job interview. Duty uniform is also acceptable attire.
This job fair is sponsored by the West Point Society of DC.